Running for the thrill of it

"We are always running for the thrill of it, thrill of it. Always pushing up the hill searching for the thrill of it... I'm just in awe of what's in front of me."





Monday, April 25, 2011

How to upset your podiatrist

My podiatrist upsets me all the time by saying things like I can't run and I have a fracture if my foot. It is only fair that I should get to upset him in return. Here are some things I have discovered he doesn't like, or seems to think are funny.

1. When he asks why I bought a new pair of shoes that I am getting him to check out and I respond "They are really pretty". Apparently he is looking for something to do with fit or feel. Apparently aesthetics aren't important when it comes to foot biomechanics.
2. When he looks at my x-ray results and says the fracture has heeled and I ask if I can start training for Trailwalker.
3. Telling him I continued running another 20km after my foot started hurting.

No comments:

Post a Comment