Running for the thrill of it

"We are always running for the thrill of it, thrill of it. Always pushing up the hill searching for the thrill of it... I'm just in awe of what's in front of me."





Thursday, September 29, 2011

From Little Things...

Last week I managed to string together some descent training. There was only one day marked as 'rest' in my training diary and best of all, I didn't write "tight calves", "sore calves" or "sore feet" once - a first for 2011. Although I only managed 34km for the week, I also managed to swim and bike and even did three weights sessions. So far this week has been going well too. Things are definitely on the up.

Washpool is just over two weeks away. I am going to do a 30km run at Lake Manchester this weekend and then taper a little bit. I don't really need much of a taper, however, carbo loading is a must!

I am looking forward to Washpool with the same eager anticipation that I had before my first ultra - the 50km at the Glasshouse Cook's Tour in May 2010. I feel a little silly. This distance is barely more that a marathon (something I am yet to run) and my preparation has been sporadic. Regardless, I feel like this will mark the start of a new running season for me and that is far more exciting than the possibility of a PB or finishing a really long distance right now. For now, being able to run 50km is what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment