Running for the thrill of it

"We are always running for the thrill of it, thrill of it. Always pushing up the hill searching for the thrill of it... I'm just in awe of what's in front of me."





Monday, May 21, 2012

It’s about perspective

I really hate when I am feeling down and people tell me to change my perspective or give me examples of how I could be worse off. Generally it is not what I need to hear. It is apparently what I need though. I mean, I probably want to figure it out on my own rather than listen to some positive thinking guru with nothing going wrong in their own life, but still, I do need to change my perspective. I’m trying.

There actually is more to life than running and I do know that, but when I can’t run, it seems like the world is crashing down around me. I feel ripped off and that I am being punished. I feel angry and snappy. I decided last week it was time to get over myself. Yes I can’t run, yes my foot still hurts, yes I had to miss a race, but hey I have a bike. On the weekend I even had a friend to go on a cycling adventure with and guess what, it wasn’t so bad to miss Glasshouse. Sometimes I am a bit of a wanker.

No comments:

Post a Comment