Running for the thrill of it

"We are always running for the thrill of it, thrill of it. Always pushing up the hill searching for the thrill of it... I'm just in awe of what's in front of me."





Monday, July 14, 2014

Hello Pavement My Old Friend

I went for a road run last week - yikes. I'm not much of a road runner but recently it has been my only option as it is a lot more practical than trails. I had a bit of a run in with this nasty bit of pavement.


I know, very technical. I did that thing, where you almost catch yourself but don't quite. Pavement hurts when you hit it. Hurts your pride too, but mostly it hurt my hip and knees.



The knees didn't come up too well in this photo, but I have some nice bruises.

Anyways, I think I should stick to trails. I generally stay upright on those. On the positive, I did get back up and run faster than the 5km goal I have been working towards, and that included 20 seconds face down on the sidewalk.


No comments:

Post a Comment