Running for the thrill of it

"We are always running for the thrill of it, thrill of it. Always pushing up the hill searching for the thrill of it... I'm just in awe of what's in front of me."





Sunday, August 24, 2014

Sweet Single Track

On Saturday, my long time running buddy, Tam, and I went on a little adventure. It kinda got changed last minute and I came up with the idea to just explore things from my house (so I could be close by if Verity was fussing and not taking a bottle). It could have been pretty boring, and for the first 5 or so kilometres, I think Tam was thinking that was where we were headed. I was sure though, that we would find bush that would eventually lead us to some tracks that I know well. It was that bit of bush in between that really intrigued me.

Well that bit of bush in between, it contained some awesome single track. The single track was made more awesome by the rainy weather and the beautiful setting. We may have been on scout property but there were no signs or gates to tell us that we couldn't be there, so we went with it. I have honestly not had this much fun running in over a year. I am not as confident on single track as I once was (losing your sense of a balance a bit for several months while your belly carries a parasite/baby can do that to you), but I am getting it back. It was exhilerating flying down those paths and well worth it to head back up. By the end of the run my legs were heavy and I was just shattered, but that good kind of shattered, where you go home and stretch and lie on the floor, picturing all that beautiful scenery in your head over and over again. I can't wait to explore more of it next weekend!

This is a map of the really fun bits.


No comments:

Post a Comment